Professional Career Training USA
Your personal ticket across the experience barrier�
PCT USA is a new program that offers non-students, graduates and young professionals the unique opportunity to gain international training in the US. It's the kind of experience that adds a dynamic element to your CV and could secure your dream job in the future.
US Employers are eager to introduce international trainees, who often bring fresh ideas and new cultural perspectives to the workplace. You'll make valuable contacts, learn about the latest developments in your field and gain firsthand insight into another culture�not to mention the traveling. All this is bound to impress an employer the next time you go for an interview.
How it works
PCT USA allows you to train anywhere in the US for up to 18 months in a field related to your career or professional qualifications and you can apply any time of year. On completing your training, the program also allows you an optional 30 days to explore the US with the money that you've earned.
CIEE has a website where you will be able to learn more about the program. This site includes advice on finding a traineeship, information on living in the US and much more - click here to find out more.
In order to be eligible for the program, participants must:
- be between 20 and 40 years old
- hold a secondary education diploma
- have at least one of the following: a university degree; have completed a professional certificate; have completed an apprenticeship of at least 2 years
- have fluent spoken and written English skills
- show strong ties to your country of origin.
Features & benefits
- the legal sponsorship necessary to obtain y our J-1 visa
- advice on jobs, housing and transport
- comprehensive on-line job search resources
- USA Handbook providing tips on working and traveling around the USA
- Online meeting place for USA programme participants
- International calling card
- Medical and baggage insurance cover
- 24-hour, 7 days a week help line.
How can I find out more and apply for the programme?
If you would like to know more about the programme or find out how to apply, please contact us.